Thursday, September 16, 2010

AN EVENING WITH RUSH


Well here it is a few days past "THE BIG DAY" in my book anyways. Ever since I was a kid my favorite band has been the Canadian Rock sensation "RUSH"! I remember fights in school over whether Neil peart or John Bohnam from Zeppelin was the best drummer in the world, Skipping school to wait in line for those 9 dollar tickets to sit anywhere but within viewing distance of the stage. Always wondering what a backstage party would be like. From Hemispheres to current time machine tour,they have been it. A band that never fails to inspire, impress, or ever let you down, (or lead you to believe they have not!)  So where am I going with all of this? Well 2 summers ago I was able to see RUSH at the Comcast center, I had meet & greet pass' as well as front row seats. it was something that I wanted to happen since I was a Kid, this past show  in Boston, was not quite the same, I had seats On the floor with the sound board people, and talked to 2 guys that missed the boat on brains and the meet and greet, because they had pass'(see pic) and thought it happened at the end of the show! (70's yes 2010 No) I was hanging out with the guys going to the meet & greet basking in the excitement of meeting the guys you have listened to all your life. I was a bit disappointed, but I had great seats, and I have meet them already. I am not sure how much you can put in a blog but i am trying to do my best here to give you an experience. Oh and by the way my sons girlfriends father, who is I think a tad and i mean a tad more of a rush fan than I am (because His brain still works) was along for the unexpected ride. Why unexpected? Well I have a friend, and by all of my definitions of the word friend, he is. He took time to call friends and hook us up with tickets, as he did for snakes and arrows. When you go to a show not knowing what your getting it can be anxious.He is in the industry and manages alot of bands that you and I know and some that we do not but will. Anyways it was amazing to stand on the floor surrounded by thousands of people, from a 12 year old I meet to the 70 something guy playing air guitar with his depends on, it was great a packed audience, they are still rocking and satisfying after 30 plus years. What a feeling. What a show. Having a blackberry as my sole source of keepsaking I didn't get much good footage or pics, but would like to share some with you. (all the while wondering if Loulou and Hodge would be into being there? haha) Oh and if your reading on the hive blog, this band is considered ART!  so anyways, the night went well, great songs, great people, and at the end there were some pyro explosions, and alex lost the sound to his guitar, gary geddy lee and neil peart just took it in stride and made up the I dont have any guitar song, alex made believe he was playing, I was looking at the sound guys as they frantically were trying to tell the stage it was not on there end, I took a short video of the very end of that song where they fix the guitar. and after that they played a slow version of working man and ramped it up into an unbelievable finish, it was a throw in, an extra song as an apology for screwing up, because I know it was not on the bill for the show. Oh and neil did a great solo 5 or so minutes long as usual that as expected let no man down in the house!(sorry the video is a minute short because i shut the phone off by mistake) I have that on video with poor sound quality also haha. so there is my RUSH experience. It was my one night out away from the world that consumes my life, aside from Joy from the corgamatics, and seeing my wife stay alive it is all I have to bring excitement and joy to my life these days. well and grand kids : ) Hope you enjoy my sharing of pics and stuff and if you get a chance to see the best band in the world before they are no more DO IT!

No comments: