Friday, August 27, 2010

A couple of hours can change your view on things.

By no means are these "JUNK ART" pieces complete, until they are forgotten in the yard to oxidize gracefully (rust for those of you that are normal) until some fine folks walk around and catch them out of the corner of their eye, in the woods looking down, or just in the open in your path. Thought it would be nice to show you one of my favorite things to do, and when I say one, I mean one of several hundred. anyways the other day, I found a fan in the garage, it did not work. I don't know how it had found it's place in the garage among the array of other unidentifiable objects that seem to make it in there! so I said, HMMM. I have an idea. and a few hours later a bed frame rail fan grills and parts of the motor became two Daisey like flowers in full bloom with a bumble bee near the center of the left one. and some leaves which are somewhat transparent. the paint is just to give it a tiny bit of character, but not the final paint.  The Garden bug is a WOK with various parts from the railroad that they discarded on the side of the tracks. Bolts, spikes washers, and an old trampoline spring.  and then there is the frog dog, I think! use your imagination, a shovel with washer for eyes, and springs for legs. it is sitting here, but stands balanced well on all four springs. just cool things made out of things destine for the DUMP! yeah maybe I am going green in my own way. I like it and hope you do too. Oh man, I forgot the little praying mantis on the side of the green stalk! see it hanging there? that was a hook off a big chain, and a radio mount for eyes, and something else i found, I made it years ago for my daughter to hang her jewelry on, but after a while the cool, became not cool, and mantis jumped out into oxidation land! (the yard) welcome to one of my crafts. JUNK ART! why don't you try welding up something on your own, hahaha save the planet, and have some fun! and who know maybe someone will want to buy your JUNK! Ya know what the coolest thing is? it is finding something you made years ago that you thought you sold or gave away, and it was hidden in the woods or yard! it is like finding an old friend!  Oh yeah! and to my header, it is amazing that what we deem junk, throw away items, can be transformed in minutes or hours into something that is retainable, and fun!  so comes the quote " A couple of hours can change your view on things"

2 comments:

Cathy Santarsiero, "The Christmas Corgi" said...

Lou, you never cease to amaze me. I love the garden bug especially, I may steal it when you are not looking (but I fear I will be given away by your trained noisemakers LouLou and Hodge) The praying mantis is fantastic! It looks like he is wearing sunglasses. Love the bee on the flowers too. Awesome art. xo

Corgin it! said...

need to work on mr. bee, he needs some grinding and polishing